Wednesday 22 May 2013

Evaluation

-->
My photos project – Evaluation


Theme 1 – Football – Event – Friday night football tournament

The main subject for this image is a football player about to kick a ball.                                                                 
Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Desktop:rule of thirds photo non edited
I took these photos, as I like to play and watch football, I also new that I would be able to get some good photos as I play football twice a week. It shows a footballer practicing before a match.

In this photo I used the rule of thirds rule, which means the photo is purposely to the side a little to make it more exciting and draws the attention of the audience. However on the second photo down I simply filtered all the boring colours, and made it a bit brighter and eye catching instead of plain and boring which wouldn’t of attracted much interest.

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Desktop:filtered photo1.jpg
In picture one the element used is rule of thirds which draws the attention to one side of the photo, which people will find more intriguing as most photos have got there main visual image in the center of the photo.

Over all I am fairly happy with the photos I had taken. However one photo I really could of improved is the black and white photo below. This photo went all blurry, as I must have moved the camera as it was taken.



Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Desktop:black and white photo.JPG












One of my photos I compared with a professional photo is shown below. My photo is the one on the right and if I’m being honest I don’t think it’s nearly as good as the professional version. This could have been down to the quality of the camera or the profession and experience of the cameraman.

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Desktop:internet version of mine.jpg

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Desktop:my photo version non edited.JPG










Theme 2 – countryside – concept – countryside

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Desktop:my pictures countryside:chosen photos:pic3)sunrise across dug up field.JPGThe main subject for this photo is the sun rising over a dug up field.

I took these photos as I was brought up in the countryside from a young age and love that kind of environment. This photo shows the beginning of a new day as the sun rises over the field.



Photo one and photo two both have there own way in focusing the attention on the main subject. Photo one draws your attention to all the shadows caused by the rising sun going over an object giving a reflection on the ground. However on photo two, I turned the photo black and white leaving just the main visual image in colour, which in photo 2 is the bridge.
Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Desktop:my pictures countryside:chosen photos:pic8) edited black and white, bridge normal colour.jpg










The element I used in picture 3 is called the Dutch angle. I think this makes the picture work as its more interesting than the previous photo shown below. With a slight angle to it, it also draws your eye to it more than the previous photo that’s just on a normal straight angle.




Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Desktop:my pictures countryside:chosen photos:pic5) dutch angle.psd
Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Desktop:my pictures countryside:chosen photos:pic5)muddy field.JPG











Over all I’m fairly happy with the photos I’ve taken because they are all fairly good quality photos. One photo that could have been improved is the photo below, the reason for this is even no it’s a good quality photo I was attempting to create a symmetrical photo here but didn’t work because of the way that the river bends off.
Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Desktop:my pictures countryside:chosen photos:pic2)country river with bridge.JPG
Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Desktop:country-lane-adrian-evans.jpgDescription: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Desktop:my pictures countryside:chosen photos: pic1)country lane next to railway.JPG



















This is my version of a professional picture of the Internet. My photo is the one on the left and the Internet version is the one on the right. I think both photos are similar because both photos have good focus and have the same country road marks along the floor. You can also see that both photos catch the sun setting, which makes the photos that little bit more special.

Theme 3 – Pets – Portrait
Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Documents:PHOTO PROJECT:my pictures pets:chosen photos:dog chewing spade.JPG


The main subject is a dog chewing a spade.

I took these photos because I like animals and have been brought up with pets around me especially dogs and knew that I would easily be able to take photos as I have a lot of pets in my family.  This picture means to me the memories of being outdoors with my pets in the sun.


Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Documents:PHOTO PROJECT:my pictures pets:chosen photos:feeding time.JPGBoth photos one and two attract
Attention to the main subject in the same way, which I believe to be down to the eye contact with the dog and the camera making it look like the dogs are looking right at you drawing your attention to the photo.





Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Documents:PHOTO PROJECT:my pictures pets:chosen photos:black and brown chicken.JPGI didn’t really use any elements in this photo except slightly altering the colour scheme of the photo so that the main visual image stands out. Otherwise I believe that this photo didn’t need to change in any other way.




Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Documents:PHOTO PROJECT:my pictures pets:chosen photos:cats resting.JPG










Overall I am happy with all of my photos in this theme of pets. However one photo that could have been improved is the one to the left, as It seems to be quite dull and boring with not much colour going on. The cats also don’t show any facial expression to make the photo more interesting and eye catching like the picture of the dog up the top of the page.

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Documents:PHOTO PROJECT:my pictures pets:chosen photos:dog poseing.JPG
Description: Macintosh HD:Users:08djbake:Desktop:Reagan+pose.jpg











My photo is the one on the left and the professional version of the Internet is the one on the right. I think that my photo isn’t that similar to the professional version because it has a different camera shot as my version has a downward camera shot and the internet version has a straight on camera shot. However both dogs are the same breed and have similar colour patterns on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment